Meatless Italian Spaghetti Sauce
A simple but delicious homemade sauce for any type of pasta.
1. Pour olive oil into a large saucepan.
2. Add garlic and sauté until lightly brown.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste and stir well.
5. Add the spices and margarine and simmer for approximately 2 hours.
6. To reduce tomato chunks in sauce, blend tomatoes before adding the tomato paste.
7. Adjust the seasonings to your taste. If you like your sauce a little hot, add some chili to it.
67 calories in 1 serving of Meatless Italian Spaghetti Sauce.
26% fat, 64% carbs, 11% protein.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Values*
Calorie Counter 100% Free
Related Recipe Collections
A Lebanese appetizer, made from roasted eggplant.
Per serve - Energy: 99kcal | Carb: 20.23g | Prot: 0.77g | Fat: 1.74g
We've swapped ground beef for crumbled tofu, without sacrificing any of the savory seasonings you expect in a taco. Serve in soft or hardshell tacos along with your favourite salads and salsas.
You can also use the filling in burritos, bowls, taco salads and to top nachos.
Per serve - Energy: 126kcal | Carb: 3.96g | Prot: 10.67g | Fat: 7.87g
Broccoli Crunch Salad
A nutritious dish with low calorie content.
Per serve - Energy: 244kcal | Carb: 18.41g | Prot: 7.01g | Fat: 17.63g
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
Tasty, low-calorie dish for lunch.
Per serve - Energy: 229kcal | Carb: 30.01g | Prot: 12.25g | Fat: 8.42g
A healthy version of a family favorite. Customize the toppings to your preferences. Sprinkle with chili flakes if you like your pizza spicy!
Per serve - Energy: 443kcal | Carb: 38.21g | Prot: 23.94g | Fat: 22.74g