A nice masala curry.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
- Coarsely chop the red onion. Mince the garlic and ginger. Cut up chicken breasts into 1" cubes.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, melt the ghee. Brown the cumin and mustard for about a minute, stirring to keep from burning.
- Add the red onion to the skillet with 1 olive oil. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. Continue to saute until the onions turn dark purple, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by about a quarter 15-20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat back up to medium and add the raw chicken. Continue cooking until chicken is about half cooked 5-10 minutes, then reduce the heat back to medium-low.
- Add the garam masala, chili power and turmeric. Simmer until the oil separates and the sauce is the consistency you desire.
- Serve with rice or boiled potatoes and warm naan.
There are 126 calories in 1 serving of Chicken Masala.
Calorie split: 44% fat, 10% carbs, 46% protein.
Calorie Counter 100% Free
Related Recipe Collections
Arugula Skirt Steak Salad
A salad of arugula steak and red onion.
Per serve - Energy: 468kcal | Carb: 12.36g | Prot: 30.44g | Fat: 32.64g
Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken over Rice
This is a very tasty Asian-inspired dish made with chicken and broccoli in a spicy peanut sauce.
Per serve - Energy: 261kcal | Carb: 23.41g | Prot: 22.00g | Fat: 9.73g
A low carb chicken recipe.
Per serve - Energy: 448kcal | Carb: 4.75g | Prot: 38.56g | Fat: 31.79g
Low carb and gluten free.
Per serve - Energy: 547kcal | Carb: 7.58g | Prot: 30.00g | Fat: 43.00g