A healthy version of carrot cake that will make you forget about cream cheese frosting.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the carrots, orange juice, vanilla, olive oil, honey (liquefied in microwave), and pineapple until well blended.
3. In another bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda, and spices. Mix in the walnuts.
4. Blend the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture, stirring until just mixed.
5. Pour the batter into a nonstick 8" square baking pan and bake for 45-60 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and remove from pan.
382 calories in 1 serving of Carrot Cake.
29% fat, 65% carbs, 6% protein.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Values*
Calorie Counter 100% Free
Related Recipe Collections
A high fiber, vegan, and vegetarian alternative to bolognese. Serve with brown pasta and a side of salad for a balanced meal. NOTE: Use 2 x 14 oz cans of lentils, rinsed and drained to obtain a total of roughly 2.5 cups of lentils. Store leftover bolognese in the freezer for a quick and easy meal.
Per serve - Energy: 288kcal | Carb: 44.13g | Prot: 15.70g | Fat: 8.00g
Bang Bang Shrimp Salad
Delicious and hearty dish.
Per serve - Energy: 305kcal | Carb: 24.43g | Prot: 39.01g | Fat: 6.59g
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Creamy and savory dish that will make you feel full.
Per serve - Energy: 440kcal | Carb: 27.11g | Prot: 19.62g | Fat: 29.22g
Vegetable Fried Rice
Quick and easy way to use leftover white rice.
Per serve - Energy: 236kcal | Carb: 45.04g | Prot: 9.10g | Fat: 2.26g
Chicken Noodle Soup
Tasty and satisfying dish.
Per serve - Energy: 308kcal | Carb: 30.85g | Prot: 33.57g | Fat: 4.46g