Hail caesar salad.
- Heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Cut 1/2 to 3/4" croutons from (day old) loaf of bread and place on a baking sheet and put into the oven until dry but not browned.
- Use a mortar and pestle to mash the garlic with 4 tablespoons of oil and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Strain the oil into a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the dried croutons and fry, tossing constantly until all of the oil is absorbed and the croutons turn gold. Set aside.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the eggs and cook for 1 minute. Chill in ice water to halt cooking. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl, tear lettuce and toss with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with the remaining kosher salt and the black pepper. Add the remaining olive oil. Toss well.
- Add the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Break in the eggs. Toss until a creamy dressing forms. Toss in parmesan cheese and serve with croutons.
- Note: based on recipe from Alton Brown of Food Network TV.
There are 569 calories in 1 serving of Caesar Salad.
Calorie split: 41% fat, 47% carbs, 12% protein.
Calorie Counter 100% Free
Related Recipe Collections
Chicken Two Bean Salad
A delicious and cold chicken and beans salad.
Per serve - Energy: 274kcal | Carb: 22.17g | Prot: 31.38g | Fat: 7.69g
Black Beans & Corn Salsa Salad
Different take on a taco salad with lean beef, black beans, cheese and salsa.
Per serve - Energy: 362kcal | Carb: 63.33g | Prot: 19.50g | Fat: 5.06g
Lemon Pepper Tuna Salad
Tasty, easy lunch that's super healthy.
Per serve - Energy: 387kcal | Carb: 13.32g | Prot: 46.87g | Fat: 16.87g
Mexican Chicken Salad
The only salad my husband will eat as dinner.
Per serve - Energy: 423kcal | Carb: 43.07g | Prot: 41.71g | Fat: 10.24g
Chopped Salad with Tuna
Simple tasty tuna salad that is good for South Beach Phase 1.
Per serve - Energy: 498kcal | Carb: 13.13g | Prot: 43.17g | Fat: 30.75g